Norwich Film Festival 2017 took place from 9th-19th November 2017, opening with an In Conversation event with British icon Michael Palin.
- The 2017 Official Selection consisted of 70 short films curated from 494 submissions.
- A total of 23 events took place at the festival, including a range of film screenings, talks and networking events.
- 2017 was a pivotal year for the festival, marking our debut as a registered charity (1173950) and as a BIFA qualifying short film festival. Both of these played a large role in the festival's rapid expansion in the subsequent years.
- NFF2017 launched on 9th November with an In Conversation event with the legendary Michael Palin, hosted by Peter Bradshaw. The event also included a screening of A PRIVATE FUNCTION, starring Palin.
- Feature films screened at the festival in 2017 included DOUBLE DATE, THE WARRIOR, BUTTERFLY KISSES and BRAKES.
- Our 2017 events took place across three venues: OPEN Norwich, Cinema City Picturehouse, and The Forum.
Best Short Film: EDITH (Dir. Christian Cooke)
Best Animated Film: TO BUILD A FIRE (Dir. Fx Goby)
Best Student Film: SWEET MADDIE STONE (Dir. Brady Hood)
Best Documentary Film: FLIGHT (Dir. Laura Wadha)
Best East Anglian Film: THE KNACKERMAN (Dir. Tom Shrapnel)