Monday, February 3rd, 2020
Marketing Assistant (Voluntary role) – For other current Festival Assistant opportunities, click here!
Application deadline: Sunday 23 February 2020 with informal meet-ups taking place during the first 2 weeks of March.
Start date: March/April 2020
Flexible hours. Fixed term – March/April to December, 2020 with possible extension into 2021. Expected 2 to 4 hours per week in the initial few months (in addition to whatever time you can dedicate to judging short film submissions), building up to 6 to 8 hours per week in the 2 months leading up to the festival in November. Exact requirements will be discussed as this year’s festival programme develops.
Norwich Film Festival (NFF) is an annual festival dedicated to celebrating short films, showcasing features, and bringing prestigious film industry guests to the city of Norwich. Now in its 10th year, it is recognised as one of the top short film festivals in the UK and attracts hundreds of submissions each year. NFF2020 will take place between 6 and 15 November.
We are seeking an individual who is independent, self-motivated and passionate about short film. You will need to be able to show initiative and take responsibility for your duties. As we work remotely, you will need to be able to manage your own time and feedback to the team on a regular basis; as well as attend occasional meetups. Ideally we are looking for somebody interested in developing the festival with us throughout the planning stages – assisting in planning process and who is keen to jump right in.
Outlined below are the responsibilities of the role. However, there is a degree of flexibility around what is required and where possible we try to share duties among the team to help support workloads.
- Assisting the Marketing Coordinator with the promotion of the 2020 festival;
- Maintaining social media channels;
- Developing online audiences via social media, newsletters and the website;
- Creating and seeking out engaging content for the NFF website;
- Assisting with organising the production of any print media and also supporting the development of the brand design for NFF2020 in conjunction with the festival team;
- Developing the festival’s relationships with other festivals around the UK;
- Initiating innovative ideas to draw in new audiences for the 2020 festival;
- Assisting with direct mailing campaigns and the production of regular newsletters in the lead up to the festival (at least one newsletter per month);
- Creation of audience surveys;
- Updating entries about the NFF on other websites eg Wikipedia, the British Film Council etc;
- Review short film submissions; and other ad hoc tasks as required.
We are a friendly group of film fans and filmmakers, and it’s important that you’re passionate about film, culture and increasing the audience engaging with the festival programme.
We understand that unpaid roles are time-consuming and big commitments, so where possible we want to guide and support you with all the experience and knowledge we have. We’re open to hearing from people at all experience levels – we all started somewhere!
- Digital marketing experience (ideally of film or other cultural events);
- A passion for short film and an active interest in developing the festival;
- Enthusiastic, friendly and confident with excellent organisational skills;
- A team player with a willingness to get stuck in; and
- Excellent written English
- Experience working as part of a film festival, arts festival, culture organisation, or film-related project;
- Excellent understanding of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, plus a working knowledge of other social media platforms;
- Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign skills;
- Strong copywriting skills;
- Existing connections and/or knowledge of other UK based festivals, arts organisations, venues and/or the filmmaking community;
To apply, please email us at email@example.com confirming which post/s you are applying for, with your CV and a short covering letter (no more than half side of A4) telling us why you’d like to join the festival team and how your skills and experience relate to the criteria above.
Posted in: News