Following the success of of 2013 film festival and our accompanying poster competition, we are inviting back graphic designers and illustrators to design a poster for our 2014 Festival. Submissions are now open for this year’s competition, but you can still see the Top Eight 2013 designs here.
We are looking for one artist to design a poster for us, which will be used during the 2014 Norwich Film Festival. The competition is FREE and OPEN TO ALL. Entrants should send their designs to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘POSTER COMPETITION’ as the subject line.
1. We would prefer posters to be portrait, but landscape designs will also be accepted.
2. Posters should be scalable, and be ready to print on at least A2 sized paper (420x596mm) without degradation.
3. Please send us your high quality image file (jpg, png, tiff etc. No programme files such as .ai) as a digital file either via email or download link.
4. a) It must feature the words ”Norwich Film Festival”, “Spring 2014″ and our URL.
4. b) When the dates for the 2014 festival are confirmed, the poster will need to be updated.
5. No other text should appear on the poster without written permission from NFF beforehand.
6. The first phase of the competition (general submissions) closes December 1st 2013.
7. The second phase of the competition (public vote) will begin on January 1st 2014.
8. The top three designs will be announced on January 24th 2014.
9. The winner will be announced on February 1st 2014.
We at the Festival will select a shortlist of designs and display them online for a public vote (phase 2). At the close of the public voting, the top three rated designs will be turned into commemorative postcards to be used during the promotional period of the 2014 Norwich Film Festival.
Those three designs will then be put to a judging panel put together by the NFF and one will be picked to win the top prize of being our official Norwich Film Festival poster for the year.
All entrants will receive a copy of the winning poster. Those designers that make it through to phase two will also receive a set of three commemorative postcards. The top three designers will also each be given a pair of tickets to each event at the 2014 Norwich Film Festival.
Certain conditions must be met by the entrants when entering this competition. Any entries that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted, and by entering this competition the entrant accepts to abide by these, and other rules set out by the Norwich Film Festival.
1. The shortlist will be chosen by NFF and put to the public vote to determine the Top Three. The top three will then be judged by NFF and a winner chosen. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
2. Norwich Film Festival do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the rules page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
3. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
4. Once the official dates of the 2014 Festival have been set, the Artist may be requested to alter the date on the poster, or allow the NFF to do so.
5. While the Artist retains full copyright to their designs, they must permit Norwich Film Festival full rights to use the designs for promotional purposes as long as deemed necessary by the Festival. Full credit will be given to the Artist where possible.
6. Some designs may be made available for sale by the NFF as posters / postcards / brochure cover designs and other promotional material. Due credit will be given.
7. This competition is promoted by Norwich Film Festival. Norwich Film Festival’s decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into. NFF reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
8. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
For general competition rules which also apply here, follow this link.