The aims of the group:
- Advancement of art within the arena of local and international cinema in Norwich, with the purpose of showcasing short film filmmaker’s work throughout the festival.
- Advancement of film education in Norwich: by providing filmmakers networking opportunities; through learning new techniques from short films screened; by offering Q&A events for the public to learn about filmmaking; and by providing taster workshops.
We aim to meet these outcomes by:
Advancement of art:
- We will open up submissions for short film filmmakers to submit their films to the festival. There will be a small cost for short film filmmakers to submit to the festival which will contribute to the festival’s payment of screenings, prize fund and publicity.
- We will also run a competition alongside this, allowing filmmakers the opportunity to win money to invest in films they have in development.
- The best short films submitted to the festival will be passed to film industry experts to judge and provide feedback. This is a great way for filmmakers to receive high quality feedback from those working in the business.
- For the public benefit, we will be screening local and international films allowing the public of Norwich a chance to watch something different. This will be an opportunity to: watch films made from all over the world; give filmmakers a chance to tell their stories to the public; showcase new ways of filming; encourage short film production by local talent or first time filmmakers; and offer cultural enrichment.
- We will offer audience awards which will encourage participation of the public in selecting their short film winner after the festival screenings.
Advancement of education:
- For the public benefit, we will offer during the festival master classes in film production in partnership with educational establishments.
- We will offer an opportunity for film makers to network during the festival which will aid the development of filmmakers skills/knowledge/partnerships.
- We will share online content from industry professionals to help guide the development of up-and-coming filmmakers.
- We will be able to use funding from the festival to offer reduced tickets for students to attend the festival, allowing them the opportunity to learn new ways of filmmaking from other cultures.